Sunday, February 26, 2012

Baby Shower!

One thing (only thing?) I really, really miss about my old job is my co-workers. Jayna, Jenny, Joe and I were referred to as the Dream Team, and Jayna Jenny and I were pretty Three Musketeers-y until I left for Columbia. Last summer, Jenny told us she and her husband were going to be expecting a baby (a "mini-Jenny" as she called it) and because Jenny is from Singapore and doesn't have too many close friends or family out here, I felt it my sworn duty to throw her a baby shower. (By the way, Jenny tells us the Chinese tradition is to have the shower AFTER the baby comes so that people KNOW you had a baby and weren't faking it for money! Hahahhaha) So, Jayna and I got on it to co-host this thing, and because of the shortage of people we knew to invite, we made it co-ed.


I bet you didn't know that Jayna and I could host a co-ed baby shower that would last like, 8 hours? It turns out when boys are involved, there includes wings and multiple beer runs. It was so fun, even though Jenny's husband Joe showed up asking "What are we supposed to do?!" it ended up being a really fun baby-themed party where Jenny and Joe got to cash in on plenty of gifts for their upcoming baby girl. And I was surprised how well the guys took to the clothespin game.

We didn't take any pictures, but that's mainly because we were all too busy HAVING A GREAT TIME. And the Taro cake was om-nom-nom delicious! Today is nothing but Thin Lizzy and my homework. What a joyous Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment