Sunday, February 12, 2012

Live from New York!

A HUGE New York City bucket list item was crossed off yesterday when Jayna and I got to watch Saturday Night Live last night!

Jayna won the SNL lottery for them and brought me with her as her plus 1. We had tickets to the dress rehearsal which was awesome because it was 2 hours as they try out all their sketches and still weed them out for the live performance. The host was Zooey Deschanel and the musical guest Karmin. It was SO BADASS to be there and watch it live and see them all in person, and it really was a good episode, the sketches were killinggggg me (if nothing else you have to look up the Quirky Girl show with Zooey Deschanel played by Abby Elliott and Zooey Deschanel playing Mary Kate Olsen, and with Michael Cera and Bjork lolololol)

My new second favorite cast member (because I will always love Fred Armisen first!) is Jason Sudeikis. He interacted with us (forced, obviously) but still pretty awesome. How do you go on in life after something so fun and exciting?! If I survived after Stephen Colbert I guess I'll survive after this.

Oh, and Nicolas Cage made a surprise appearance too. NBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment