Friday, April 19, 2013

Coachella 2013

Per usual, the best weekends have to speak for themselves. Or sing for themselves? Our line-up included the likes of: Modest Mouse, Of Monsters and Men, Janelle Monae, Baauer, Franz Ferdinand, Hot Chip, Jeff the Brotherhood, Jurassic 5, La Roux, Mimosa, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Passion Pit, Paul Kalkbrenner, Paul Oakenfold, Phoenix, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Tegan and Sara, The Stone Roses, R Kelly, The Postal Service, Tommy Trash, The Yeah Yeah Yeah's and the infamous 2 Chainz!

And that was maybe 30% of all the performers. There just wasn't enough time to see everyone. Nick's favorite was Janelle Monae, I have no idea what Will's favorite was, mine was Baauer, and Ryan's was Hot Chip, to everyone's surprise. A close second (or maybe a tie) was Red Hot Chili Peppers, who really threw down live. We were only about 6 people from the stage and I'm convinced that Flea actually invented the bass guitar. I don't even really CARE about the bass guitar and I was in awe. Absolutely all of it was incredible.
























And our ongoing quotes from the weekend

I got the black lung, pops
Help me I'm _______
2chaaaaaaaainz! (Followed by any number and noun)
Pow! Pow-pow-pow! Pow!
I'm uhh... I'm Mrs, Mrs Iglesias

Who can't be happy at a music festival in the desert? NO ONE. Is the answer.

1 comment:

  1. You're CORRECT!!! Although musically and technically they say that Paul McCartney was the premier bassist, I too am convinced that FLEA re-wrote the rules and created a bar so high that no one will reach it.
    Love you;
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete