Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Olivia, Adam and Storytime

So shortly after midnight last night, Olivia (who had already overstayed her lease on Jenny's womb by 5 days) decided to grace us with her presence. After the baby shower Jayna and I threw for that kid two months ago, I've been antsy to meet her and she's finally here! Yay.

It was the same day that I started a lunchtime reading program at the local elementary school. Kids galore! It was crazy being back in a school during hours, I was immediately taken back to my days of substitute teaching... that smell of glue and cafeteria food all mingling in the air as kids screeched and screamed while eating at the bench tables. The girl I am paired with was shy at first but we ended with her enthusiastically finishing the story for me. We had a "Getting To Know You" questionnaire and filled in each other's answers. When she started and asked my name and I spelled it out for her, she got really happy and said "I know someone with that last name!" I said "Really?" and then she finished: "Yeah, but she was white." That's that moment where you want to either say "What the hell?" or laugh really loud but you might offend them, so I just kept a straight face and said "How nice!"

Aaaaaand, as I am even amazed that I have time today to write this today, I can't waste it by not saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Cousin Adam!!!


I am still waiting for you to come out here to NYC, but until then, have a great day and I can't wait for another round of Long Beach barhopping with you and Tawnybird!

No comments:

Post a Comment