Monday, April 30, 2012

Rave Up

This past Saturday was one part of a three-fold culmination of quite the busy season in this particular office, and it saw me working twelve hours on Saturday for our Alumni Day & Reunion with awful back pain and a fever. It sucked. (And that's why I didn't feel bad at all about laying in bed for hours on Sunday with Harry Potter on and a laptop open with no work getting done).

This morning someone sent me a picture of me from the end of the night, working check-in registration and maybe it doesn't show too well through the computer, but my cheeks were so noticeably pink and flushed it made me feel hot and sick just looking at it.


So while the madness should be over (our office is going for drinks this afternoon to celebrate) I still have class tonight and tomorrow, an ASL assignment due next Tuesday, a huge final revision for my writing class due on Friday, and then starting a completely unrelated writing class this Wednesday for four weeks. So it's still wringing me dry of all my energy and free time.

And here's a stream of consciousness for you: At the daytime registration for the conference, someone came through a little late, so the 4 of us working the tables all turned our attention onto him. This man was a CLONE of Steff from Pretty in Pink... his face, outfit, voice, speech intonation and mannerisms. I think he was still within earshot when he left our tables and I turned to everyone else and started yelling out "Please tell me someone here has seen Pretty in Pink and knows who Steff is!" (They did, by the way, and the actor is James Spader who's on Boston Legal (?) and also made an appearance on a Seinfeld episode).

After Harry Potter yesterday, Steff came back into my mind and I was dying to watch Pretty in Pink, so I put it on and I was not disappointed. Here is Steff in all his glory:



Aaaaand it also reminded me of The Rave-Ups who play at Andie's clubs and are super awesome.



Okay now back to work, make the madness stopppppp

No comments:

Post a Comment