Thursday, April 12, 2012

One-Day Diabetes

I've been very busy with Admitted Student's Day, which was Tuesday, and now working on Alumni Day upcoming this month, and then add in every lunch break and evening out with the girls, to say I am exhausted is a bit of an understatement.





This is probably why we found ourselves inside last night and gave ourselves diabetes in one day, one sitting. After I got off work I met the girls at Columbus Circle and we got street gyros which we ate at the base of a monument. We decided to do some grocery shopping and then drop the groceries off before heading out again. Our "resting our feet" turned in to pulling out the couch, bringing out the comforter, the 3 of us fighting for space on the cushions, and surrounding ourselves with our Twinkies, chocolate, ice cream, yogurt, and endless other varieties of junk food we had recently acquired. Kathleen and I finished the quart of espresso chip ice cream before the first episodes of The Office finished. I fell asleep and woke up around 11:30. We stayed up, fighting through stomachaches with more chocolate (hair of the dog, right?) until we went to bed around 2am. I have no shame, I needed the night in.



A weird thing happened, though. Kathleen and I were laying on the couch pull out when Shannon came over complaining for space. Kathleen told her to lay like a dog, which means to lay the length of the foot of the bed. Shannon said no and I told them there was room for all of us and Kathleen said she wanted to be on the outside. And I said I was definitely going to be on the outside. To which Kathleen huffed "fine, I'll be the banana." None of us have any idea what this means, but NOW to "be the banana" means to lay in the middle. Just FYI.

I've been listening to Thin Lizzy at work because my bartender who loved that I loved Thin Lizzy and kept saying he had a shirt for me, finally brought me the shirt, which made me start putting it on all over again.



I've been at work for 3 1/2 hours and Shannon and Kathleen are just waking up. And they wonder why I'm so tired in the evenings!

2 comments:

  1. You're an amazing daughter and SISTER! You ROCK!
    Love the peach dress.
    Isn't Thin Lizzy from the North of Ireland?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they were formed in Dublin in 1969, although Phil Lynott was born in England...

      Delete