Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Panini's at Tiffany's

Ronnie is going to self implode if I don't update this already so allow me to enlighten you of our recent adventure.

Ronnie, Claire and I wanted to make an annual tradition of our Breakfast at Tiffany's, which we declared on May 4th, Audrey Hepburn's birthday. It fell conveniently on a Friday, but Ronnie was too tired to make it happen on a weekday, so we rescheduled for Saturday. I was out far too late on Friday, to the point that when I woke up, we could only reasonably make it Dinner at Tiffany's. Still, it felt right to get a danish in front of there at least.

Well you never know WHAT Ronnie will come up with. So while I helped myself to some sort of almond danish, Ronnie decided on a PANINI. A PANINI AT TIFFANY'S.





Now following this, it was "real" dinnertime. And it was Cinco de Mayo. I am not picky. I was even fine with CHIPOTLE for dinner (plus the Chipotle's here sell Corona and other beers) but Ronnie actually dragged me in to some buffet-style bodega in midtown where you pay by the pound. He got $27 WORTH OF FOOD. I got a spicy chicken burrito.



You're looking at the meal (replete with chopsticks) and thinking to yourself: oh there's no way they ate that, that's disgusting, they threw that all out. And you would be right. If it were opposite day. Here was the finished meal.



That's right. "Cinco de Mayo" was celebrated by eggrolls, lo mein, macaroni and cheese, crab salad, burritos, tomato & mozzarella, sushi, pasta salad, buffalo wings, barbecue potatoes and whatever else you can find in that I Spy plate of food. We finished the night by karaoke on the East Side.

I had quite the splendid Sunday as well, I slept in and then spent the beautiful sunshiney day walking around the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir in Central Park to the East Side, where I then went to the Museum of the City of New York, read some Harry Potter in Starbucks and then had family dinner with Ronnie and Betsy.

I also turned in my last project this morning so I am officially done with my classes here at Columbia for a nice long summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment