Wednesday, June 5, 2013

They Asked Her To Be A Spice Girl

Shanni left for England yesterday. I knew all of this was happening, but I also thought, well I only see her at Christmas, she never returns my text messages (!!!) and we Skype online, which we can continue to do... I mean really, how different is it going to be, really? But maybe it was me just being hirji that I wasn't at the airport when they were saying goodbye and the pictures started surfacing, that it all started to feel really different.











I guess I'm just bitter I wasn't there to say goodbye. It's weird seeing this and knowing EXACTLY what went down and how it felt for Shannon, and now to be on the other side of it is really weird and surreal. Part of me feels like, WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO US?! And then the other part is like heynow, you did this like seven million times already. It's just sad. And my brain feels cloudy not being the one leaving and going somewhere new.

What I'm trying to say is that, even though "nothing" changed for me in New York City, I could feel that Shannon left even from here, and it was a really lonely night. I didn't even watch Mad Men, I just went to bed.

In completely unrelated and more uplifting news, Florence and the Machine radio on Pandora is FABULOUS. On top of Florence, they're playing Lana Del Rey, Mumford and Sons, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Lindsey Sterling, Modest Mouse, Of Monsters and Men and more! It's like I couldn't have picked it better myself right now for this morning in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment