Monday, October 17, 2011

I Just Came To Say HELLO

Nothing is more devastating than having to miss out on the well-planned and momentous occasion of Uncle Carl's birthday party that most all the family attended. BUT... if I had to miss it, then it was good that I too had a fabulous weekend so that I didn't have to spend it sad and lonely and thinking about what I was missing out on like a Little Orphan Kiki.

After Friday night's ASLfest, Saturday was sleeping in, coffee, cleaning, and the Wonder Years, topped with a crowning night out. Anywhere you live can become monotonous, even New York City, if you only have one boring routine of work. NYC has a neverending slew of opportunities to mix it up and go out, which is why I love love love going out and about on the weekends or any free weeknight. I got to dress up pretty, curl my hairs (not a typo: think My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Nikki, why you no come to curl my hairs? BE a lady!), wear nylons and a top my peacoat off with a scarf. I hustled down to Union Square and had to run across the park to E 17th St, found my way to the bar where my good sir was waiting, and we preluded our Thai food with drinks, enjoyed the Thai food with Singha beers, and concluded our Thai food with drinks from a nearby Steelers bar that I was pretty fancy for, but what difference does it make when you're in a bar with good music and a beer and good company?

Sunday was downtown to SoHo for some shopping. Nothing major (mainly since I can't afford it... lolololol) but just some pre-emptive wintertime looking. And then it was time to pick up my rat babies! Oh, that's right, got in contact with a really cool actress who needed to get rid of her daughter's rats because of their allergies and adopted them and all their stuff. The best part was my rented Zipcar. It doesn't get old anymore to get behind the wheel, it is so invigorating, and turns out all that LA driving really comes in handy in NYC. Why was yesterday the WORST day to drive ever? I never experienced so much traffic and CRAZY driving (I blame it on the Lincoln Tunnel), I was mildly terrified, but for the record, I handled it LIKE A BOSS. I even stuck my head out and slapped a taxi cab and yelled at him to back off already. It worked! The soundsystems in the cars are great too, so I had my music up way too loud the bass going, and my recent obsession has been Outkast, so I bring you the below, with love.



The place was out in Jersey City, south of Hoboken and Weehawken, and the view of Manhattan was absolutely breathtaking. I almost don't even want to show this picture because it really does NOT justify the scenery, but this was quickly taken at a stoplight.



My two new babies are so precious!! I introduce you to the sweet, cute, and loveable Frankie and Winnie Cooper.



Winnie Cooper was supposed to be the more docile one, but this morning when I gave them each a cherry tomato, she took hers down to the little house, then she came running back up and snatched Frankie's from her hands! I couldn't help but lololololol a little bit.

Today is a beautiful and clear Monday morning and my Excel spreadsheet is a-callin'! (Or is that Outkast asking for a replay? Yes... it's Outkast). I'm sorry Ms Jackson.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Frankie and Winnie Cooper are so cute! We just got some new pet rats a few months ago. Love them! Peace, maka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, if only I lived closer we could take our rats for play dates! Hope your family does well with the new additions

    ReplyDelete