Monday, October 3, 2011

It's October 3rd

I think this day has had significance since 2004 when I first saw Mean Girls. Not an October 3rd goes by that we aren't asking each other what day it is. It's like a little holiday for us all



What a weekend! Dinner and houseband bar on Friday, Oktoberfest and Long Island on Saturday, and the ultimate recovery on Sunday.

Oktoberfest in Alphabet City!




Mmmmmmmmassapequa! Sounds like such a magical place...


Today I started my new rotation in the Alumni Affairs. So far, it's a great change of pace. More settled and more space, closer to the action, and I love the little street we're on and we're right down the street from a FIREHOUSE yay! I really like the work too, I think. We're a part of External Relations, so a lot of the people in here are responsible for organizing things like the World Leaders Forum, Global Mayor Panel, and in short deal with and meet very prominent people in the international world. It's pretty exciting.

Here's what I'm lol'ing about today: I notice in my cubicle that there's a mousetrap in the corner. I've never really been exposed to them or seen them but it's like, eh, probably a precaution. Then some facilities worker comes in while I am making coffee in the back and he needs to get by me to check another mousetrap. "Have you seen any of them running through here?" That was his question to me. I mean, thank God I haven't but lordy lordy that'll be fabulous when I do. I don't mind mice, though I prefer rats. But ones that aren't supposed to be here and might give me diseases give me the heebie jeebies! Stay classy, New York City.

No comments:

Post a Comment