Thursday, October 6, 2011

This Changes Everything

The course of my life was altered dramatically last night. And you're probably thinking, oh you poor girl with your iBook and your MacBook and your iPhone, and your AppleTV, you must be so sad about Steve Jobs. Well, as devastating as that was, it was overshadowed (so sorry Stevie!) by learning that THE WONDER YEARS ARE NOW ON NETFLIX. And not just on Netflix, but on instant streaming too!!!! I was mad about their price increase and thought about joining the march out as well, but man they just won me over again with that.



I have been waiting a whole DECADE for these things to come out! I'm not even exaggerating! Ever since my Mormon friend went away on his 2-year mission and entrusted me with some of his greatest possessions, which included his VHS tapes of the Wonder Years (recorded off the TV and including commercials), I became obsessed and wanted to own these things as well. Then the rumor had it that it was taking so long because of the music licensing, and then saying it wouldn't happen at all because of the music licensing, blah blah blah... all just to walk in my door last night, hear the news of Steve Jobs, sit down to mourn him, see The Wonder Years being available and screaming with elation so that my roommate ran out of his room to see what happened. (Be forewarned that they apparently couldn't get the rights to the opening song and have a new, pathetic version opening it up). iSad.

BUT, it still is tragic about Steve Jobs, and I read this article on CNN I wanted to share because in all honesty, there's a lot to learn from a man who took a lot of hits and really came out on top of the top. This speech of his is quite moving and worth the read

Is it really only Thursday? Someone tell me a joke.

2 comments:

  1. A VAMPIRE WALKS INTO A BAR....

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOLOLOLOL thank you anonymous... for a joke i already told!

    ReplyDelete