Monday, March 26, 2012

Put A Robot In It

I'm taking a fiction writing class this semester, and we have two rounds of workshopping, which means you have to submit a completed 12-20 page story of fiction to disperse to the class for review and critique. My second workshop assignment is due today, so I holed myself up in my apartment all day yesterday (so much for Sunday Funday) to write it.

In the evening, I found myself online and chatting with Ronnie, who asked how it was going since I had to turn down his invitation to Flushing to work on the paper. I told him about the story and how it was going, and he gave me a suggestion, which made me LOLOLOLOLOL for five minutes straight:

Ronnie: well you should also incorporate robots somewhere
Ronnie: because they are everlasting
Ronnie: and they can be programmed
Ronnie: and the robots could be exalted
Ronnie: and one of the robots should be a slut


It wasn't the worst idea, but in the event that the New Yorker wanted to publish it (they won't, ever), and I had done that, then I'd have to credit Ronnie somewhere.

It also all reminded me of this little Portlandia gem:



The new tagline for writers should just be: PUT A ROBOT IN IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment