Friday, September 14, 2012

Emergency 5k

Remember how my summer was so busy I was looking forward to having free weekends to sleep in and do whatever I felt like doing? Well I have that laid out ahead of me this weekend and when I stopped to think about it, it sounded awful! If I don't have something out there, it's hard for me to ever leave my apartment, and the thought of just lazing around was not appealing to me for some reason. I've been very stir crazy and twitchy lately and seem to do better filling my free time so I can't stop to think too much.

And THAT'S how I found myself registered for my first race ever! Not that I'll be racing. But I'll be running a 5k at the Great Irish Fair in Brooklyn tomorrow. Which will be interesting considering I have outing plans immediately after work today in midtown that include classy lounges and sassy dance floors. But I can sleep when I'm dead.

My mission tomorrow will be threefold:

1. To run for Ronnie on his bday
2. To celebrate my newest brand new baby cousin Izaak Patrick*
3. To bring honor to my family



*The newest addition to the family, and the first baby of my fab cousin Cherisse. Welcome to the world Izaak, may you inherit an affinity for Uncle Carl's at the appropriate time, and all the class of the Shaffer side!

P.S. HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Izaak just adorable.....he is better looking in person too!

    I hope you did well on your run today and burned off all the alcohol from the night before, lol....

    And "happy half birthday to You!" @--\---

    ReplyDelete