Monday, September 17, 2012

It's Always A Good Time

Happy Monday to the world after a fabulous weekend. Friday night dancing and drinks (I tried a tequila-ginger ale for the first time, and ended up speaking in a British accent for the longest time and therefore winning a round from my cohorts) and even woke up like a sunflower in the summertime on Saturday in time for my race! I have to say though, I was dragging my feet to leave, I could tell I was scared and trying to avoid the whole thing a little bit.

It takes foreverrrrrr to get to Coney Island. I started freaking out a little bit towards the end there. Thank goodness the train always clears out, because I changed my shoes, wrapped my ankle and toes and stretched for the last few stops. I got there with literally just enough time to pin my bib on and get in line.

I was nervous. It was weird! A totally new thing, I had no idea what to expect or what to do, and I was all alone. There were lots of people who were doing it solo, but I felt like the only fish out of water who had no idea what to do. Then it was time to go and I... just went. I had music on and I just ran and ran and ran, and I have to say, that it was beeeeeeeeautiful. It was a perfect morning, an autumn edge in the air, piercing blue sky, the sound of the rumbling boardwalk and the Atlantic Ocean sparkling to the side, it really beat running the stupid track.

When I crossed the finish line I felt like jumping up and down and wanted to turn around and ask if anyone just saw that?! But there was no one there, so I just got my medal and banana and went to the side to stretch and cool down, look at the water and Instagram/text everyone I knew, especially my running "mentor", my coworker here who got me into the half.


What can I say? It was bright.

My results were even sent to me that day

I hung out in Coney Island for the afternoon. I went to the Irish Fair and made some friends, had some beers and listened to the live music. Before leaving I got a Nathan's hot dog, cause I did travel like an hour and a half to get out there in the first place, and then an iced coffee at the train station for good measure. I took the Q train which runs on the Manhattan Bridge coming back into the city, and this was the great view on the splendid day



When i got home, I wasn't feeling particularly active, but I was revved up. So I put on music and I rearranged two walls of my room. This included taking off bedding and mattresses, dismantling my desk, dragging carefully across the hardwood, assembling and reassembling, hanging and stepping back, re-hangig and adjusting, then cleaning sweeping dusting before showering and finally calling it a day.

On Sunday I was in Central Park for 4 hours, which was great with the cooling weather and all the buzz of activity going on, then picked up some groceries and made it home in time for the second half of the Chargers game only to see that apparently their game wasn't good enough to put on because the stupid Jets were playing. I'm so happy they lost because I HATE the Jets!! It always bothers me on the Wonder Years that Kevin regularly wears a green jacket with the Jets logo on it... so rude!

And today is just Monday. I can't stop listening to this song though, it's an instant feel-good'er.



But I watched the SNL from last Saturday with Seth MacFarlane, I LOVE HIM!!! And the episode's not half bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment