Tuesday, September 4, 2012

THE FEAR.

Is summer really over?? It's only the Tuesday after Labor Day and there are already forecasts for thunderstorms and downpours here in New York City. BUT, as predicted, the summers of the Summer Olympics and my best and most eventful summers ever, and I was not disappointed this year! From Memorial Day to Labor Day, I had a jampacked whirlwind of a life this season. The Outer Banks of North Carolina, the Coney Island Mermaid Festival, moving from Harlem, Baltimore, DC, Philadelphia, West Virginia, Anja visiting from Germany, venturing to Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Key West, Cousin Bobby visiting from Seattle, dad and Kathleen and the US Open, San Francisco and Northern California wine country for Katie's wedding and the NorCal outpost colony of cousins, all the tiptop way to Boston and beyond this past weekend.

I KNOW what you're thinking. How can I have been training for a marathon during that time? The answer is that... I haven't really. I've been managing to squeeze it in occasionally here and there but the last time I acted suited up and went out was Saturday, August 11 when I went running in the hot side streets of Monte Sereno, CA. I now, officially, have THE FEAR. I have JUST over a month to get in shape for 13.1 miles of Staten Island. HOW will this happen when all I've done is run just over 3 miles of a track on my lunch break?? I just don't know!! Buuuut I have THE FEAR, which is a great motivator, and it starts now! Or it did... I hit the track today and didn't seem to lose much, ran a solid mile and a half in about 12 minutes before stopping to walk a few laps and took up again for the rest of my time.

I am STILL wondering what on Earth I was thinking when I signed up for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment