Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas is Canceled!

I went to Trader Joe's last night, not only because I always go there, or because it was time for more groceries, but because I had finished a box of the Candy Cane Joe-Joe's. These. Are. What. Candy. Canes. Were. Made. For. They're Trader Joe's branded oreo-style cookies but the cream is peppermint with crushed candy canes in them and they only come out during Christmastime and have I mentioned that I LOVE them?!


After schlepping around that store and battling the crowds and elbowing my way up to the aisles and shelves, I couldn't find them anywhere, try as I might. It was, so sad. The skies were already gray and rainy, but after this they became simply ominous. Getting to Trader Joe's isn't a huge hassle, but it's an extra step. And I can never go in there and just buy what I came from. And I'm super poor, so I don't even know if I'll have a chance to look for more before the Christmas season is over.

I bought some frosted gingerbread men instead, but I cried slow tears of utter disappointment as I bit their heads off and dreamed of the Candy Cane Joe-Joe's that had eluded me and decided that Christmas was as good as canceled. No one should have to feel the way I felt yesterday without this delightful snack at Christmastime.

No comments:

Post a Comment