Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Is Rescheduled

Last night I found myself back in my familiar old bar. When it's already dark when you leave at 5pm and it's cold and the trees all have lights, who can resist ever stopping in for a drink? Not me. So I found my Irish friends again and we were talking about our holiday plans and then got on the subject of how depressing January is... the holidays are over, the weather is awful, it gets dark so early, etc etc. So then we decided to throw a party in mid-January (at their place of course) and they even got Maryanne on the phone and made me tell her so she couldn't get mad. So I figured Christmas could be rescheduled so we could throw our post-Christmas Christmas party!

Also, how much do I love my coworker/friend Sara? Sara and I share an office for about 4 months of the year, and it is a glorious 4 months when it happens. She is awesome and very quick witted and always makes me laugh. She is who I was gchatting that whole time I watched Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and she coached me through a lot of Harry Potter withdrawals. Well Sara and I were talking yesterday and she was telling me about how she was going to a concert in Brooklyn last night. This morning, I asked her how the concert was, and this was her response:

it was awesome
me and daryn nearly got in a fight with this stupid girl who ended up pushing her way up to the front of the stage and dancing like a helicopter and yelling at the performer
which, satisfyingly, resulted in the performer repeatedly telling her to shut up
and the girls bf kept bumping into people
who, satisfyingly, turned on him, huge fistfight stated
and one of my favorite opening acts just came down and CLOCKED the bf in the face twice!
buying that dude's record.

I LOVE THAT RESPONSE!! "Buying that dude's record." HAHAHAHAHA I still laugh when I read it. That's why Sara is the best.

So close to Christmasbreak and a half day Friday from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment