Thursday, December 6, 2012

My New Favorite Place

I heard of the renown literary-den hangout of the the KGB Bar and visited it recently. And it. Was. Awesome. What a place that was! Located in the Bowery and housed in a brownstone that has a theatre on entrance, and up one flight to the bar. Red walls and ornately framed pictures and Russian paraphernalia, dim lighting and booth tables. The bar looked old and familiar, I felt like I was in the house from Casper the Friendly Ghost (the one with Christina Ricci) and I just loved the ambiance.



There was a reading going on so there was a good crowd and they had homemade gingerbread men and women on all of the tables, and I had Brooklyn lager and it was cold outside and warm inside and I got to listen and mingle and it was such a gem of a place.

My favorite Christmas album remains Maybe This Christmas Tree, a compilation I bought in 2003 (?) and still love and only listen to at Christmastime. This is The Christmas Song by The Raveonettes and it's a perfect warm up. I'll keep them coming.

Also, found this in the "archives" aka from Annapolis like 2 weeks ago.


That cannon was forged in England in the 1600's and brought over on the Mayflower !! All to fire one off on Sri.

No comments:

Post a Comment