Friday, January 25, 2013

Odds and Ends

The long and the short of life lately: IT. IS. COLD.

Just about all this week I've been waking up to weather anywhere from 10-19 degrees. When I walked to the elementary school to read to my girl on Wednesday, I only had about five blocks to go, but I almost couldn't make it. I almost needed to stop into a store on the way to warm up. That wind is just killer.

Last night after diving, we had to walk (as usual) a bit of a hike to the subway, and then from the subway to my place, it made for a solid 20 minutes of walking. I was as bundled as could be, but considering you still need to see and breathe, my face was exposed. I was damp from the diving, and it was literally 16 degrees and there was a wind, and it turns out my face got... cold burnt? Frostbitten? I don't know, but my face has been warm, and my cheeks are stained pink, my skin is all patchy and sensitive. From a simple 20 minutes of walking! Who can really concentrate on much else when it's that cold outside?

In other news, I'm going rock climbing (indoors!) in Brooklyn tomorrow? This will be a blast from 6th grade science camp past!

No comments:

Post a Comment