Thursday, February 28, 2013

Brooklynettes

I have absolutely no intentions of moving to Brooklyn, so don't let the title fool you. This past weekend I had (surprise!) a friend in town and on a whim, we decided to head down to the Barclay's Center and catch a Brooklyn Nets game on Sunday. So far I've only been to Yankees games (and rest assured I've been to like five of them) but I was stoked to finally catch a basketball game.


The stadium was nice and shiny and new and the wood floor looked pretty slick and classy (doesn't really translate in a phone picture, but you get the idea). I thought maybe their mascot would be Jay-Z, but it wasn't (and I'm still not sure what it is) but their dancers came out and they're called the Brooklynettes. Call me crazy but I thought that that was pretty darn clever.


On a separate, unrelated note, I've felt kinda tense lately and the only music coming to mind (aside from Yann Tiersen's score from Amelie) to calm down was this song Animal Tracks by a band called Mountain Man that a friend shared with me when we drove through New Jersey in the winter. This also led me to come across more really relaxing songs that consist mainly of female harmonizing voices. I'm putting these up here for all of us to enjoy when we're stressed. Don't act like you're not.






Now I just need to get to a Knicks, Rangers, Mets and Giants game out here. NO JETS.

No comments:

Post a Comment