Friday, February 15, 2013

I Win in the Long Run

I woke up this morning still half-dressed and with a raging headache. I stopped in a mart on my way to the subway and bought water. And Gatorade. And vanilla milk. I make my coffee at work.

I find I haven't touched my purse since the night before, and this is what's inside: my phone, keys, ID, ATM card, Metro card, $2 cash and 3 business cards: 1 for a Tarot card reader, 1 for a style designer, and 1 for a Secret Service agent. Is this real life? It's exactly why I love New York. You really just have no idea what's going to happen in a day. If that wasn't a sign of a good night, I don't know what is.

Oh, yes I do. Ring pops. And my NY family: Ronnie and Betsy!



I was slow moving on the way work, was lucky enough to get a seat on the train and rest my head against the gently rocking wall. I put in my headphones and listened to a lot of Red Hot Chili Peppers. What can I say? I'm really really really excited for Coachella.

It's a good day. And it's not even my birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment