Saturday, March 30, 2013

Fairy Tail

I may have mentioned that I am going to Coachella Music Festival this year. I am going with a friend from home, and his cousin, Nick, who ironically also lives in New York City and works for Columbia University. I met Nick when my friend was out here visiting in February, but as Coachella approaches and the three of us continued to trade music and get excited for it, Nick and I decided to get together ourselves for a night on the town last night.

We started with dinner at The Heights near Columbia, and then headed to Hells Kitchen where Nick introduced me to Fairy Tail. It's a gay bar, but it's decorated with unicorns and trees and centaurs. Who could object to that?! We met up with his brothers boyfriend, and his sister and her boyfriend, and did a round of dance clubs, from The Ritz to Therapy. By the end of the night, it was just me and Nick left, eating ourselves sick at Lucky Burger next to Therapy.



It was a really good night with tons of pictures and videos, Uncle Carls and dancing, and FaceTiming our third Coachella partner back in California. More than just having fun, it was nice to bond with Nick and find another friend and ally in New York.

3 comments:

  1. If you get the chance, and it's still there, go to Brandy's! It is also a gay bar, on 86th between 2nd and 4th somewher I think. It is a big stop after the theater, even with older stright couples. The help are all on roller skates, and they do the pinao bar singing show tunes. Way loud, very alive and fun.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete