Sunday, March 3, 2013

La Caverna

Last week, Ronnie, Betsy and I were so surprised that March was approaching so fast, and we wanted to celebrate the start of the third month of 2013 the right way, so we planned a night of clubbing for Friday, March 1st. I had had such a busy week and come Friday, I was so exhausted at even the idea of it that I had to race home after work to disco nap and re-energize for our night out.

I don't know how Ronnie finds these places, but we went to La Caverna, which was a basement club in the Lower East Side made to look like (surprise!) a cave. Ronnie said it looked like where The Flintstone's would go and I thought that was pretty accurate.




It started out pretty well, we were dancing all fine, but then the DJ decided to take a trip down the worst memory lane possible and wouldn't stop with all these "hits" from the 2000s, and we got such a headache from that mess that we decided to quit that place.

Fast forward through 7-11 and a trip on the F train, we ended up in Koreatown back at that Korean bar we were at a few weeks (months? I can't remember now) ago and hung out with the bartenders that we talked to before. The music there was also sucking, and the weird thing about the night was how there didn't seem to be that many people out anywhere. And then I remembered how there was hardly anyone at my work that day, and Ronnie said it was the same thing for him. I'm convinced there was a secret holiday going on that I had been unaware of (Illuminati?)

When we stumbled out, it was past 3am, the lights of the Empire State Building, which had been orange, were off, and there was a Wendy's one block down, so yes, we definitely ended up ordering a lot from there and eating it in that classy joint with all the other post-partyers. The ride back was fun because it took so long, and Ronnie and I had a few rounds of The Refreshing Game, except this time they were The Warming Game and The Fast-Moving Game. Quote of the night was: WHO STILL SHOULD HAVE COME TO OUR PARTY!

It snowed yesterday while I was in Chinatown and it was frigid. Today is for late breakfast, movies, painting and writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment