Sunday, December 5, 2010

Boston in Autumn

This past weekend was my 3rd trip to Boston this year... my very first time was in the spring, then I hit it up (along with Cape Cod) in the summer, and now my autumn trip to visit my friendy-wendy Chrishon.



I always took the train up to Boston, it was generally a 4 1/2 hour ride non-express (sometimes more) and could cost upwards of $60. However, I found this express charter bus company in New York that travels to Boston and Philadelphia for about 1/3 of the price and gets there EVEN FASTER than the train since there were no stops inbetween. The cons were: no room to move, me getting very nauseous from the car sickness, not a lot of room to move, getting stuck in traffic in and out of Manhattan. Also, waiting in the cold at the bus stop was... cold, but I did get to see Sandra Oh walk by.


(Of Grey's Anatomy and Sideways fame)

Since Chrishon and i go between Boston and NY to see each other, at least it's good to know there's a cheap alternative to the train.

I had forgotten to charge my camera battery, so I didn't get more than 3 pictures out of the trip, but it was still great. Chrishon and I went out to the Boston Commons and got Starbucks, walked some of the Freedom Trail, and just explored the downtown, stopping into some of the historic buildings, shopping around.



I must say, of all the US cities I've visited, none makes me feel more connected to history and thankful for this country than Boston. (Not even DC!) As the birthplace of the revolution, the whole town, the statues, the museums from original houses, meeting halls... they all boast of the workings of the Founding Fathers, of where they met to discuss independence, to plan for the revolution, etc. It was their workings that gave us our freedom and our nation...


(Old South Meeting House)


...and some good beer, thank you Sam Adams!

The city was done up right nice for Christmas, it was so festive and beautiful! I was in heaven with Starbucks and the lights in Boston :)


Pretty pretty Winter St


The big beautiful tree behind Faneuil Hall

On Saturday night, Chrishon and I also went out to eat along the Charles River (and got our entire meal comp'ed + desserts, since they had to have us move tables for a huge party coming in, not bad!) and then we made drinks and got ready at her home before heading back out and going to an Irish pub / club (pub on the first floor, club on the second!) called Sissy K's, it was great music, reasonable drinks (I think everything is "reasonable" coming from New York City) and fun people.


Look what the K stands for... and even spelled correctly!

It was a quick trip, but so fun and refreshing. Always nice to have company and be in a new city.

1 comment: