Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dive Bar

I went to Boston this past weekend, got in late Sunday night. On Monday, my team had a make up volleyball game at a gym just a few blocks down from my place. Because of this, i was easily swayed to join them afterwards to the nearby "Dive Bar" (called Dive Bar) where we crowded into an already crowded bar for the Jets v Patriots game, and watched the Jets be absolutely annihilated (much to my joy!) over pitchers of Brooklyn Lager.

Tuesday was the late night venture into Koreantown with Reginald + Betsy & Co.

Wednesday was the regularly scheduled volleyball game and after the late night Monday rounds, I decided I would go straight home after the game. HOWEVER... I didn't take into account that we would have such a fabulous game that should have been shown on ESPN! Our normal setter was out, so our designated coach told me I would be setting in her place. I have to say that I am not half bad at setting up the ball for some hits, but since the setter controls and manages the court, I didn't want to do it! However, it ended up being awesome, I had way more of a workout from the run-around, and got to have SO MUCH netplay! I was blocking balls at the net, tipping them over and down, and setting up our hitters left and right. We won the game by a game point made by a player who had fallen and was laying on the ground as he hit it! It was incredible, so I had to go for a celebratory drink... again at Dive Bar, and again going home pitchers of Anchor Steam later. And it's right in the neighborhood so it was a short walk home. (Mind you this picture below must be from the summer cause there is DEFINITELY no one sitting around OUTSIDE at night with the weather we have now!)



I hate that volleyball is only 1 day a week (having the double header this week was great!) I want to join some more sports and be more active during the week, but it gets expensive. I really should've taken more advantage of those sports and activities in school while I was a student.

Down to 9 days (single digits)!

No comments:

Post a Comment