Friday, December 23, 2011

BAM! Nutcracker

Yes, it's really true, I really got to go see The Nutcracker ballet this Christmas season. When I went to a Korean lunch with a coworker from Columbia about a month or two ago, we learned that we were both into dancing, so I recruited her to see The Nutcracker with me this year!



Because we were too poor for the New York City Ballet's rendition at Lincoln Center, we went to the American Ballet Theatre's show at BAM! (Brooklyn Academy of Music). I lololol'ed to myself since I was relegated to the second-class performance in Brooklyn, but really I loved it!

After work I stopped by Phoebe's office and we rode the train out to Brooklyn together, and picked up some snacks at a convenience store. Phoebe had been to BAM before and led the way.



We had front row seats on the balcony and it was so pretty inside, even if those stairs were so steep I needed a harness to climb down







So, so beautiful! I just love ballet, and the music of the Nutcracker is so jolly and Christmasey!!

This is a scene from what we saw that I found online:



YES they felt it necessary to have the Sugar Plum Fairy get engaged at the end and NO don't get me started... I thought it was so ridiculous, poor Phoebe got an earful of it from me afterwards! Oh, and Phoebe tells me today she sat next to Phillip Seymour Hoffman on her subway ride home... JEALOUS!

I COME HOME TOMORROW!! Weird, because the weather report hasn't mentioned anything about a tornado sweeping through California for the next week... and yet it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment