Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Lady Gaga & Menorah's

I had a very holiday evening last night, I was very contented to experience some festivities in New York City during the last week before going home for Christmas (THREE DAYS!)

Down at Columbus Circle, I first got to check out their quaint little holiday market, which is essentially the same as the one at Union Square:



I walked along the south border of Central Park and came across the lighting of the world' largest menorah!!



I stayed for the whole ceremony, I just loved it! They played their cheery music before a state senator and a Hasidic Rabbi were flown to the top to light it. They both said some words (which got a little political with the Israeli government and all lolololol) but it was so nice! As they lit the candles they said their prayers in Hebrew and I was just lovvvvvving the whole thing.

Watching this happen I couldn't help but imagine some comic strip about a flying rabbi and his sidekick senator



Listening to the rabbi talk about how the menorah is a universal symbol to all peoples of the world of light of goodness in our lives and perserverence, etc., I thought it was so nice I felt like I should invest in a menorah myself. Lololol.

Okay so after that was GAGA'S WORKSHOP AT BARNEY'S. Soooo awesome!!



The whole 5th floor was dedicated to "Gaga's Workshop" which was very... Tim Burton to me, but still fun. Lots of Christmasey things with a Gaga twist, and they were playing Lady Gaga singing Christmas songs inside, it was such a cool vibe! Everything there was ridiculously expensive though...!



Matilda!! I received a copy of this book (before it was a movie!!) when I was like, 9 years old maybe and I LOVED it, and this cover illustration takes me right back to those days.



After that I walked along W 56th St, and stopped into a hotel that had a contest of gingerbread houses on display that I had read about. I LOVE GINGERBREAD HOUSES. It's one of my favorite things about Christmas... that and the Nutcracker.







That last one is actually "Occupy North Pole" and one of the signs says "Visions of Sugar Plums Won't Feed My Elfin' Kids" lolololol

Okay and ended up back at Columbus Circle with their cheery lights and multicolored star display



Soooo fun, but why does Christmastime have to go by so fast? It should be Christmastime all year long. Why do we have to wait until December to be bright and cheery? But I am ready to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment