Monday, July 9, 2012

Can You Believe It's The Day It Is?

I hate to be THAT person who's like "Can you believe it's already July? Where does the time go?" It's almost as cliche and blah as talking about the weather. But I just hate the way June didn't exist to me like, at all, in the midst of work and moving, so I can't believe it's July and I'm bitter about it. Still, I have some fun pictures to show for the start of summer. Enyoy (not a typo, it's a Spanish accent.)

Palak and I did a Road Trip 2012, from Baltimore to the Outer Banks of North Carolina to meet up with some of her coworkers at a beach house. If you're a West Coaster like me, you have no idea what Outer Banks means; if it's a band or a rare animal species or what. Turns out it's one of the East Coast Spring Break Destinations since before Florida and it's gorgeous, it's the small lay of islands outside the mainland of NC (Google map it!)

North Carolina just out of Virginia


This is the bridge traveling from the mainland to the Outer Banks


A look on the OBX


The beach was just outside our door, and Pal and I are both huge fans of Greece, so our towels had to touch


I'm not one to take the stock photos of food or your toes in the sand, but I was OBSESSED with my pedicure that Palak picked out for me, pink and sparkles!!


Me and Pal on the beach (water was nice!)


All the houses were like 5 stories with outside decks and spas and staircases, and ours was no exception. When we packed in from the beach, we had beers in the spa and watched the sunset


Wes Anderson's The Royal Tenenbaums could easily be considered my favorite movie. The house they filmed in/at (you will know it as 111 Archer Ave) was a short walk from my old neighborhood. It had been on my to-do list to visit since I moved there, and I was able to visit it the weekend of my move.


The first Saturday after Summer Solstice is the Annual Mermaid Parade & Festival. Coney Island photographs all right I suppose, but don't let that fool you


Even with (because of?) the mermaids, it's still pretty campy


Palak came up for 4th of July in the city and we watched the Fireworks off the Hudson and listened to Katy Perry perform somewhere ahead of the masses...


Ronnie and I did rooftop drinks at the Empire Hotel last Friday, before we went off to eat, and started yelping new places while still inside the old one. He said we were the Hansel & Gretel of New York City, eating our way out of Manhattan


Gretel. So hot right now.


In the move I discovered my retired iBook, Ambrose. And found this text document on it from sophomore year of college. To think I'd almost forgotten about emergency dance parties...


Yesterday Ronnie and I stuffed ourselves on sushi and created some great alternatives to our lives if other things don't work out. ZERO of these involve marriage, but MOST of them involve co-habitating to the tune of a fabulous reality TV show. Just another summer in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment