Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympic Marathon

I just got done watching the London 2012 Olympic Opening Ceremonies with one of my roommates. I just love the Olympics, it gives me chills and makes me so happy. What is so hard about us all acting so civilized and respectful and courteous and loving? Clearly we are capable of it, and yet it's a struggle to do this daily. Some day...

HOWEVER, watching that spectacle reminded me of my marathon training and I wanted to document it since this is such a new and huge thing for me (totally out of character, as I say. I'm no runner!)

First, I had to just stay running/power walking for 20 minutes at a time. Then I got up to doing 30 minutes consistently. Then, I had to start training myself on distance, not time. I started by getting around 2.34 miles in 30 minutes, and then started to touch on the 2.5 mile mark, even though I wouldn't hit it until about 31 minutes, but I am improving! Next week I should have 2.5 miles in 30 minutes consistently, and then I'm going to have to start running after work so that I can run longer than half an hour. I'm getting somewhere! So watch out, you may need to look for me in Rio de Janeiro in 2016. Lulz.

Here is me and Anja from when we were gallivanting around the city.





I am adjusting to being alone after having her in town for over 2 weeks, but consoling myself with my fabulous tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment