Monday, July 30, 2012

Training Day

Yesterday I did the unthinkable. I ran on hard surfaces, this thing called the ground, in this world called outside. I was without elliptical or treadmill, and was desperate to catch up from my vacation hiatus, since I never found the energy to wake up early in the morning or forego a sandy day by the sea to run. So on Sunday I took to the streets of Long Island City in Queens. Not too shabby considering this was my view



As it turns out, running on a treadmill and running on the ground are completely different beasts, and I was embarrassed for myself. It was miserable. I couldn't go 3 minutes without breaking, and I ultimately maxed out after half an hour, which was interspersed with walking, stopping and stretching out the cramps. Oh dear Lord what did I get myself into and why did I think I could do this?!

The good news is that I appear to have dropped a pant size in this aerobic mess. I figure that if I can't finish the half marathon, I can at least put my pants on inside-out so the tag shows and consider that lesser number my victory.



Here is Anja and I in Key West before we swam out to what we called "Stein Insel" and then watched the sunset. I miss vacation...!

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up KIKI, you'll be running the marathon in no time, then you might want to try a mini triathalon.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! let's not get ahead of ourselves now...

      Delete