Monday, July 2, 2012

Padfoot and Prongs

I would like to introduce you to something you will sadly never know, now that it is already too late: my favorite pair of shoes, dead and gone.





The story of these shoes is simple: Back in 2007, my college roommate Becca and I ventured out for a shopping run to Kmart. (Rumor has it that Target is still not allowed in Santa Barbara!) and I don't remember one thing about what I got on that trip, but I will never forget these were an impulse buy. As we were making our way up to the registers we happened to go down the shoe aisle on exactly my size and I decided in 10 seconds that they would be worth it. And they were!

They quickly became my absolute favorite pair of shoes, for five years. These babies took me to and from classes, work and parties on foot and bike in college, and they even took me to Germany...



And the Netherlands on that same day...



And to Luxembourg...



And Sweden...



And made the cut to New York, obviously. When the soles broke and they became unwearable on the street, I kept them by the door for the Bring-The-Trash-Out-Or-Check-The-Mail runs.

And they carried me through to this move. I would truly keep them longer if I could, but in the process of cleansing through the move, I just couldn't justify it, and they were laid to rest.



Fare thee well, faithful good shoes! You were the best and highest quality an unexpected good buy could have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment