Monday, October 29, 2012

Frankencake Baking

Still have rain, still have wind... still have power! My lights have flickered twice. Admittedly the storm from the kitchen where I've been positioned the majority of the day has sounded like a different storm from the one outside my 3-windowed-corner-room bed chambers, from where it does sound like a rager.

But, I've been happily passing the day baking away and frosting a cake, the fruits of my labor from my self-imposed isolation from the Frankenstorm. I've just had my laptop open gchatting friends, reading the news, and listening and singing to music music music. I've gone through Eric Clapton, ELO, Bruce Springsteen, The Rolling Stones, Arcade Fire, Heart, Frank Sinatra, Yann Tiersen, Bob Dylan, Madonna, LCD Soundsystem, and an array of other songs that came on random. 

I made sure to take my time with everything to maximize this funtivity and pass the time. So here are some stills from Afternoon Frankenbaking Time with Me


Mixing that shiz up in my Gryffindor shirt and Christmas penguin apron 


Mitt Romney lets women like me off at 5 to multi-task in the kitchen. Example A: Above


I actually hate cake mix. It takes 2 seconds, no effort, and doesn't taste as good. But it was cheaper and a lighter load yesterday than buying all the ingredients


Mmmmmm cake batterrrrrrr


First layer (torn a little bit at the far end). Womp womp


Frost that first layer, self. Ooh that's nice. Right there.


Adding the second layer. Looks like pancakes. Score.


Get that top shelf. Where's that red one gunna go?


Washing the frosting spatula clean


This is me and my finished product in my apartment. The sea level rose really high in this time.

Cake made, in the fridge, roommates happy, win-win. Time to go get dolled up in my room. Roomies and I have cabin fever and the only prescription is Bar 43! Don't worry, it's right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment