Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Day After Yesterday

Hey y'all. I'm doing great, and feeling very fortunate given the damage that appears to have happened in and around the area. I wouldn't have known otherwise, however, given that there was no damage in my neighborhood that I saw, save for a small downed tree a block over. Maintained power and internet and the works.

Last night my roommates and I went walking around. There were a few pretty sizeable wind gusts, but the bars in the neighborhood were still pretty active, and we settled into one and got to watch the 49ers game. We left with the mindset to go play Rock Band, and picked up some ingredients on the way to make Hurricanes, which is a very tropical drink and quite tasty. We put in a good set tour until midnight, not bad at all!

Today I slept in, made breakfast, finished my Goethe, then was ecstatic to see Boogie Nights just starting on TV so settled in with my nail polish to paint my nails and watch that and now trying to tune in to see if I have to go to work tomorrow or not.

The weather is cleared up, just overcast with light breezes and sprinkling, but with the subway tunnels as flooded and inoperable as they currently are, no one really knows what's going on with that or when the city will be back up and running. But the worst is more than over with at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment