Monday, October 22, 2012

Three Things

Here are three things I have to reflect on... a memory, a current thought, and something I'm looking forward to.

1. I don't remember why we thought it was necessary to run, but I have these recollections of sprinting through Grand Central Station long past peak commuting hours. I laughed because I couldn't find the signs to the subway and kept turning confusedly around myself in the concourse under the painted ceiling. We found it, and next I knew we were barreling through the corridors and down the graded tunnels so fast while I laughed so hard, I wasn't sure which was putting me more out of breath. It was a simple, clairvoyant moment I'll remember.


2. I love Rock Band. I can't stop thinking about it! I had a pretty fun weekend with my friend from college who was in town, and we spent almost all Sunday with snacks and drinks, some rotating roommates and ROCK BAND. I love to be designated singer but then as soon as I'm on the drums I can't be torn away. I was on hard on the drums for Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird and everytime it finished I just wanted to start it all over again! I'm debating just playing that instead of watching the debate tonight. I'm all debated out from the last two. Below is a picture from my band back in California that we like to get together around Thanksgiving time!


3. This weekend, not only is Jayna coming into town, but we're going to be reunited with Jenny and the little pork roast Olivia who's about 6 months now! I'm looking forward to a weekend of Halloween-themed fun and having the three Charlie's Musketeers back together again after such a long hiatus. It'll be like it's a year and a half ago again!


And with those three things, I'll leave you with a quote I read recently that resonated with me: We should never attempt to bear more than one kind of trouble at once. Some people bear three kinds - all they have had, all they have now, and all they expect to have -Edward Everett Hale.

No comments:

Post a Comment