Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Good Morning Neverland!

Hello world! Since it’s too much to go home for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I love Christmas a billion times more and prefer to be home for that, I knew I was going to be sticking around this coast for the Thanksgiving holiday. However, getting two days off is just too easy, and without the lure of family, so I booked a trip to Montréal, Québec, Canada where I will be meeting up with Jens, flying in from Germany.

What a hectic two-day work week it was, and I’m not being sarcastic. It was unbelievably stressful with papers, appointments, class, errands, and preparing to leave. I didn’t think I was going to survive, and was worried about missing the train (only one in the morning, the next on Friday!) and yet, I woke up joyfully on time and awake in the morning. I felt like Debbie in Knocked Up when she says "I've had about three Red Bulls in the past 15 minutes. And I feel fabulous!"

And now I am officially en route to Montréal through the Hudson Valley and Adirondacks Mountains and already hate some of the people on the train lololol but I’ve got a window seat, I’m facing forward, I’ve got my laptop, my writing, my book, movies, music, food, snacks and beers. Vacation has begun and I am thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment