Thursday, November 3, 2011

Paramental Activity

I keep my brain stimulated during mundane or routine tasks with music. Actually with any task, I have at least one headphone in (and suddenly I wonder how fluent I would be in Spanish if I had been playing some Rosetta Stone tapes all the while instead?) and today... I. FORGOT. MY. HEADPHONES. It's like the Opposite of Clockwork Orange where they repeat the same song... it's Counter-clockwork Lemon and all I have is silence that's driving me up a wall. I guess I could play my music low but then I risk becoming "that girl" who plays Ke$ha or puts Arcade Fire on repeat (and I love to repeat songs over and over again). So I've been taking breaks to mindlessly look at websites that I know make me laugh, and this G-Rated one was so cute!



When I read that first line from the cat I knew it was worth it! This is why I lovelovelove cats. They're not mindless drug-induced crazies.

My life turned so hectic recently. With Chicago and Halloween, then work turned into a stress-storm with this last minute event for alumni in Milan, I'm behind on grocery shopping and laundry, taking in dry cleaning, having presentations and assignments for class, and Sri is coming into town this weekend. On the one hand all I want to do is just go home and sleep. Play with my rats, watch Breaking Bad, and sleep. Buuuut everytime I feel exhausted and think "Screw it, cancel everything, I won't go" I think "Soooo after work I'll just go home...?" BORING! So I continue to run around in a self-induced tornado (think Tasmanian Devil) going to classes, going to the sign language group, hauling groceries from the Trader Joe's on West 72nd, and wondering when will be the best time to pull the fire alarm in the building so as to meet the firefighters at the station next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment