Tuesday, November 22, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY LITTLEST SISTER ♥

Hard worker, hipster, emo, Japanese-speakin' and failblog... the baby is 20 years old today!



Kathleen is The Great Equalizer. Everyone gets along with Kathleen and she creates a lot of harmony in the family and can smooth out everyone's issues with each other. Lololol. Kathleen was telling me that she was really freaking out about turning 20 and not being a teenager anymore, so I've rounded up some pictures with anecdotes to share the Kathleen I know with everyone, to show that you have lots to be proud of, much more to look forward to, and remind everyone how lucky they are to have her!

I have always been a camera queen, and I would raise Kathleen to be on the other side of it so I can always been in front. See that derpy little boy on the blanket behind me and my fabulous cat? That's Kathleen, and she was routinely mistaken for a boy. My sisters and I used to have to translate whatever she said for anyone else around, lulz.



We had the most fabulous, wonderful, fun-filled roadtrip from Riverside up to Vancouver, Canada one summer, winding down through some western states, and Kathleen and I had so much fun! Here are a few snapshots of the journey...

Waking up on the Oregon border. See what I mean by emo? That hair fall was NOT on accident



On the Oregon coast. I remember making Kathleen pick me up after we wrote "Yeah the Knicks Rule All!!" in the sand here


Oregon coastline


In Seattle. I kept trying to slap her derriere


At the top of the Space Needle!


Somewhere in western Washington


As we drove through Idaho... I remember because this picture was saved as "Idaho Schnuggle" lololol


On the last leg of this trip, we were in Las Vegas and Kathleen was in the worst mood ever! This is us trying to walk the strip, but Kathleen was all blah and didn't want to be there. We compromised to take one picture and then went back in. Here are the results of that one picture. She's really not happy


Okay so this was a farewell BBQ for me before I left for France, here are me and some of my cousins, but let's all take a moment to acknowledge that ridiculous shirt that Kathleen is wearing. She made it herself by making bombs of fabric and GLUING ON ARMY MEN. Nothing but class.


Here's me and Kathleen at Disneyland one Thanksgiving break after Shannon's first play. It took us forever to get there that night because I locked my keys in my car and we had to wait for AAA to come to us in the parking lot of Shannon's school. The passenger side door lock was never the same after that!


She stole this sweatshirt from me, got paint on it one day in the high school theatre shop, and then I stole it back. Now, I have no idea where it is. She probably stole it back back and I never even noticed


This is typical Kathleen. I had no idea she was behind me


Here's another Disneyland session, our picture from Space Mountain


One Fourth of July, Kathleen came down to San Diego with me and friends, here was us at Carlsbad Beach that day


And at a family picnic when Uncle Carl served up some righteous Uncle Carls, we toasted to each other this way


Here was Kathleen in NYC with me last summer. I was deathly ill and probably snorting out a lot of snot, I did not look or feel good on this day


Kathleen was also in NYC for Snowmageddon. Here is how we spent my day off, in Central Park


And when she dragged us to the Brooklyn Fridge at midnight on her last night in NYC. There was a reason we were the only people out there!


And just this summer, we found ourselves at Disneyland yet again!


And just as a little comparison, this was me on my 20th birthday. I remember it was on a Tuesday, and it was finals week (as it ALWAYS was in college!! Argh). My roommates took me out to a sushi dinner and here was dessert. Nom nom nom. That feels like ages ago! But only 5 1/2 years. Lulz.


And two years ago (I think?) on Kat's bday all the seesters went to Disneyland to celebrate.


And what the heck happened to our Peter Pan hats?? We wanted to get "Kittens" embroidered on hers but apparently you have to PROVE your name by showing documentation. How stupid is that?!


Alrighty well back to work with me. Happy Birthday little Kittens...! ONE MORE YEAR and then we won't have to put up with THIS underage stuff no morez!


Shannon: YOU'RE NEXT!

3 comments:

  1. Kat is definitely the "rocker"!
    Happy 20th sweetness!
    Daddy loves you........ and these pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you freaking out about turning 28? Kathleen was going through a crisis! I will do one in two years when you turn 30 :)

    ReplyDelete