Friday, November 18, 2011

Home Away From Home

The Triple Crown and I have become involved in a pretty great love affair. I love the Triple Crown, I love all the memories of all the happy hours past, I love how it's always the same two Irish bartenders without fail that never say more than two words to you unless you're J Evans, I love how I can go in any day of the week and join some old coworker, some group of friends, for a drink, I love the stupid pillars that block half of the room and I love the outdoor space in the summertime, and I love all my old work family that love that place just as much.

Yesterday I yet again made a special guest appearance at the work happy hour (I have yet to miss a happy hour since coming to New York, not to mention that I haven't been employed there for the past six months) but it's gotten a little bittersweet. With a slow and weird transition of the corporate admissions team to Boston, the staff gets smaller, everyone has been getting less interested, and it's just not the same as the hustling bustling center that it was when I first came. But it will always be a familiar comfort symbol of my initial transition to New York, and remind me of my first springtime when I crossed the country to live here and spent all my time at my home away from home.

Still, last night was the same shenanigans with my usual crew (minus sober Jenny not being able to drink alcohol and telling all the laughing drunks around her: "That wasn't actually funny" lololololol) and I pulled my usual Irish goodbye and woke up this morning not even hung over, but possibly still drunk.

Lastly, I discovered this song yesterday and can't stop listening to it. I L-o-V-E it and it speaks for itself.



Now you're just somebody that I used to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment