Monday, November 19, 2012

New Joisey

Well to recap from the last time I was here, I finished Scarface and the final verdict is: eh. It was alright I guess. I was happier just to finally have seen it. Otherwise, eh.

After Scarface was dinner in the city at an Indian restaurant (as spicy as we could get it!) and what became GiggleFest 2012. I don't know what it was, but my friend and I sat in his car and were making each other laugh so hard we had to roll up all the windows because we were in a busy area of Verdi Square and appeared to really be disturbing people. I had almost calmed down and was just hiccuping and wiping the tears from my eyes when his laughter became giggles and I lost it all over again. When an annoyed lady came and yelled at us for being parked in the bus stop, and our only reaction was to laugh like maniacs, and so with murder gleaming in her eye, we realized it was probably better to just call it a night. But a good night, and that's the point.

On Sunday, I was supposed to take a class all day, but it was unexpectedly canceled, and there I was sitting all pretty with my coffee tumbler around Times Square and not in any mood to just turn around and go right back home. So that's how I ended up in New Jersey for the day, visiting a friend there. I took the bus from the Port Authority and since I was really unfamiliar with where I was going, I sat in the front to watch the street signs and landmarks, and ended up making such good friends with the bus driver! She seemed about my age and we were just chatting it up right nice to the point where I wanted to ask her if she wanted to hang out later! I didn't, but mainly only because I overshot my exit, which I noticed at the last second, and had to run out while yelling that she should take care and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

It is such a shame that Jersey has such a stigma, because it is beautiful. Just look at these streets and houses and, my God, those colors!



How beautiful it that? We even sat in the house attic listening to music and reading The Onion and watching people rake leaves outside. A house! Raking leaves! It felt so foreign to me! I felt like I hadn't been out of the city in years, it was so freshly perfect to be in suburbia in autumn for a little while. There was even dinner on a dollhouse street in an old soda shop and then back to the house to the TV with Godiva hot chocolate. I got driven back and crossing the George Washington Bridge uptown and seeing the Manhattan lights down south is always such a joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment