Monday, May 20, 2013

Alabama Shaken

My weekend went a little something like this:

On Friday after work I met up with Nick for Lucky Burger, 4 rounds of Happy Hour at Therapy, and then a 2 minute SPRINT to the Circle in the Square theatre in Times Square to watch his friend perform a rendition of A Midsummer Night's Dream. That was my very first performance, as you all probably know, so that play holds a special place in my heart and I always enjoy seeing it, and this one was good! It was triple-cast, so with the exception of Puck, everyone played 3 characters: a player, a lover and a fairy, and it was pretty neat to watch it play out. I had to go to the bathroom SO BAD and got to the point where I thought, there's no way I'll last til intermission, and it was bad... so I snuck out, went to the bathroom, snuck back in, sat down, and then the lights went up for intermission. Welp. Can't blame a girl for trying.



After that, Nick and I went around Hells Kitchen bars and clubs, ending at Social where his sister works and benefitting from free tequila shots and Uncle Carl's. (I'm back on the tequila train!) We stopped off for pizza and a black and white cookie before trying to make our ways to the subways with our dry contact eyes. 

(I hate this picture, but Nick kept insisting the blue was pretty. Fine.)

On Saturday morning I got up early and headed to Grand Central Station to meet my coworker to go with her to her parents' house up in Poughkeepsie for the weekend. It was so wonderful! We listened to a lot of the Alabama Shakes in the convertible on the way from the station to their house, so that was sorta the theme for the weekend. Their property was unreal, the lavender and lilacs and wooden post fences and rolling fields and woods and back valleys, an indoor hot tub overlooking that, the back patio, and my best little friend Cleo, their sweet cat. They even had a massage chair I spent a lottttt of time in, haha. It was just a very relaxing weekend outside of the city, not to mention some good homecookin!













Once back in the city, I was eating ice cream in front of the TV because Bridesmaids was on. Old habits die hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment