Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Pursuit of Happiness

I spend so much time listening to and absorbing music that I recently took to creating a new kind of music playlist: a happy playlist. And not just any happy playlist, but it had very specific guidelines and qualifications, such as needing to be insanely upbeat, have a ridiculously positive message, and make me feel like dancing no matter where I was, so that I would have no choice but to be happy. I've been trying to corner myself.

It's entitled "haaaaapy" and here's a little sliver of what it looks like:

Anything Could Happen by Ellie Goulding
Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi
Good Time by Owl City
Around The World by Red Hot Chili Peppers
I've Got A Dream from Tangled
Morning Train (9 to 5) by Sheena Easton
How Lucky You Are from Seussical the Musical
The Whole World by Outkast
Boogie Shoes by K.C. and the Sunshine Band
Honky Cat by Elton John
Blame It On The Boogie by Michael Jackson
Good Life by One Republic



Ironically, the only song that isn't upbeat and dancey is The Pursuit of Happiness by Kid Cudi (laughably so) but the message was so good, I couldn't resist.

Try to put on any of those songs and not feel encouraged, inspired, or happy in some way.

2 comments:

  1. The KC and the Sunshine Band takes me back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OUCH
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete