Friday, July 19, 2013

El Paso, Texas

As you can see from the title, my dad and I made it to El Paso. I was out of Doug's place in San Antonio pretty early since he had to work and I had 8 hours to drive anyway, so I was downtown by 9:30. My dad and I went into the city center to visit the Alamo and see the Riverwalk (well, getting a Starbucks was really the mission) before we got on the road.

The trees and swamps of the east were gone, and slowly replaced by the flat farm lands, into the deserty wastelands that endlessly went on and brought us into El Paso 8 hours later. My energy wains more and more every day, and after getting to the Double Tree hotel, I immediately fell asleep on the bed for a few hours, and didn't leave for dinner until I woke up, after 8p. After dinner in the hotel restaurant, we took a small walk around the historic El Paso downtown, and then into the Camino Real Hotel and had a last drink at some historic dome bar.

The Alamo!

A view from downtown San Antonio

Western Texas. This was the most life I saw for hours

Downtown El Paso, you can kinda see the writing on the mountain on the Ciudad Juarez side

A very pushy sidewalk sign at the crosswalk

Downtown El Paso

Under the dome at the Dome Bar

The Plaza Theatre in El Paso

Another early start, and we plan to spend tonight in Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment