Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Thirteen Innings Later...

With Sri in NYC for the summer, we pre-planned a few funtivities, including going to a Mets game, because neither of us had been. The only reason this was a borderline crime for me is because I went to high school with Lucas Duda, their left fielder / first baseman. When I think of Lucas, I mainly remember him sleeping in AP Stat class, so it's nice to see he woke up long enough to make it to the major leagues! Also, my roommate has season tickets to the Mets, so it really would have been inexcusable not to make it to a game.

The seats that Sri and I bought from my roommate were great! They were up some levels, but behind home plate, and gave us access to the indoor Promenade Club and bar, which was reassuring considering the flash flood warnings all day yesterday.



Sri and I were settled into our seats when someone from the Mets in a suit came down into our section looking for me. He asked if I was Kristin, friends with Khary and I said "yesss....?" Sri was wearing a San Francisco Giants shirt (old habits die hard) so I thought maybe this would be like that Seinfeld episode where they try to make Elaine take off her Baltimore Orioles hat because she's behind homeplate and in the line of the camera. Instead, he said that Khary asked them to do something for us, and left me and Sri with Mets giftbags with Mets swag, and my bag included a boxed baseball signed by Lucas Duda! I was soooo surprised and thought it was sooooo nice of my roommate! I couldn't get over it.


Sri and I had a great time, the weather held up for us, it was a beautiful night, and we were a little more concerned with the San Francisco/Cincinnati game score up on the board (1-8, ouch) until the Mets started picking up steam against the Diamondbacks and THIRTEEN INNINGS LATER the Mets won 5-4!

On the way out Sri and I tried to get a picture of us in front of the Home Run Apple from the old Shea Stadium with the Citi Field logo in the back. Sri explicitly explained this to everyone we asked, and like 5 people later, we finally had it!





Since Lucas was out with an injury and not playing anyway, guess we'll have to come back again sometime soon...!

1 comment:

  1. Wow.......... what a great evening that must've been! Tel Sri hey for me. Also keep fighting the good fight! GOOOO......... GIANTS!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete