Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Fourth of July Eve

My head is all shades of confused. I kept thinking today was not only Friday, but also my last day of work. Instead, it's Wednesday, and I got off early, and I have tomorrow off, and then have to go to work on Friday... then have a week off, and then drive out of New York and what the heck is going on??

Today started off with a going-away breakfast for me hosted by work, which was actually really nice and pleasant, and so many people showed up! Whenever they asked what I was going to be doing or why I was leaving, I tried to divert the question by bringing attention to the road trip, which really worked! Suddenly it was all Atlanta-this and New Orleans-that. I also packed up most of my things to bring home, which is probably why today felt like my last day.

We got out at 2 and when I was ready to leave, it started pouring outside, so then I stayed another 45 minutes just trying to wait it out and finally just left while it was still raining. I used the extra hours to TCOB (take care of business) and got so much done, I'm proud! A stop by FedEx, a stationary store, the Asian market (the only place I know of in the world that still sells vanilla Coke), the post office, Central Park, Trader Joe's, then home to find what I thought was a jury summons, but instead was a juror qualification questionnaire. Funny how I've lived here over three years and then I get that the week before I leave. Welp, they're going to be in for a surprise, AREN'T they. Happy 4th tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment