Monday, July 1, 2013

The Rumours Are True

I'm moving back to California!

I've been wondering how to say this, and especially when. I'm not sure what I've been waiting for, past maybe clarity and some answers to the slough of questions bound to come with it. And the months passed and at this point I had to throw up my hands and say that I might not have any explanations or prime reasons to drop the news, and now I find that today is July and I will already be back by the end of this month! So it's now or never. And as a matter of fact, this is my last week of work! ...and it feels weird.


New York City has been a fabulously fun place to live in, to party in, to work in, to be 24, 25, 26, and 27 in. I couldn't have really asked for more from it. And I am absolutely, completely, 100% satisfied with my time here... I really feel I did absolutely everything I wanted to do, could have wanted to do, ever wanted to do... from taking in street fairs and festivals, trying clubs and bars and restaurants up and down Manhattan and beyond, and participating in the community, joining sports leagues, etc etc! But I've been feeling a call for a new direction and if I stay in New York, I will be too distracted and busy to ever find out what it is / could be. A good friend of mine who recently went through something similar and relocated from Madrid to Miami put it very eloquently when she said to me: if you feel that you are supposed to leave, then there must be something great waiting for you somewhere else- and you'll have to take that leap of faith to go search for it. So that's what I know, and that's what I leave you with.

Whenever people ask me what my plan is after leaving New York, I don't have answers. I just feel like this with life in general:


I do have some ideas, some aspirations, some dreams, some thoughts. But I'm just going to have to hit the reset button, form a battleplan, and then let the chips fall where they may. I'm not necessarily returning to California because I want to retire there, but more because I need a homebase in which to recuperate, heal, think, and then rest up for the next step, whatever it turns out to be.

The EXODUS begins on Saturday, July 13th... and yes I am road trippin' this bad boy home! Details will be forthcoming.

...that extra 'u' in the title is for British Shannon. Lose a sister, gain a sister! (Silver lining!)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, well said Rose! Quite revealing.
    Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete