Monday, August 30, 2010

Brooklyn Loves Michael Jackson



...and so do I! Thanks to Ronnie, who not only has internet at home, but also friends from home in NYC, I learned about the Michael Jackson Day in Brooklyn yesterday. It was the 2nd annual Michael Jackson party produced and hosted by Spike Lee, held in Brooklyn's Prospect Park and IT. WAS. FABULOUS.


A small taste of the atmosphere

You could hear Michael Jackson's music from far away, and when I got through the trees to the meadow clearing, it was a massive field with a stage, screens, and speakers that hurt my ears even from the edge of the park (no joke). Thousands of people were out and about playing, dancing, eating, taking pictures, watching all the impersonators, and just celebrating his legend.


Me and Ronnie taking a break from our dance moves for the shade


Let's Dance! Let's Shout! Shake ya body on to the ground!

I consider myself a fan. I remember listening to the whole Bad album days at a time, and Neverland Ranch was quite close to where I went to college! But all my recent respect and appreciation for him was due to SD roommate Pam, the true fanatic who reinstilled my love for the Off The Wall album (thank you too, Quincy Jones) and Blood on the Dance Floor. A whole day of Michael Jackson music and dancing unihibitedly was so refreshing! The day was perfect too... clear, hot, and breezy.

Also to our surprise the Revered Al Sharpton came out to address the crowds and lead us in a prayer, and then Snoop Dogg came out at the end to sing a tribute.


Snoop Doggggggg

Why didn't we do this while he was alive?? At least he left a legend, like The Way You Make Me Feel and PYT and Dirty Diana!! Kk Loves Michael Jackson.


...as do all these girls that were a part of our group!

No comments:

Post a Comment