Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Post-Vacation Work Day

As soon as the weekend hit, I somehow got sick. Still, I indulged the Kelley's and we went out and about gallavanting around the city both night and day, and crashing, sleeping, and terrorizing the cats by night, who in turn terrorized us in our sleep with their incessant chasing, running, clawing, jumping, etc.

With a good week in NYC, Shannon and Kathleen left with still plenty un-done on the to-do list. Still, we got to do way more than we didn't (you following?). But I took them to the airport yesterday and came home alone to a quiet apartment (and full fridge, thank you Kathleen for the 24 pack of Coke, and the 5 gallon tub of Cheese Balls!!!) and couldn't sleep because of how awful I felt. I thought that the calm would give me time to revitalize, but instead it gave the disease time to multiply and take over. I feel just awful.

And today... it's pouring rain, I'm sick as a dog, and catching up on all the work I missed. It's just as sad as it sounds right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment