Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The US Open

WELCOME TO THE US OPEN!! One of the first things I bought when I got to NYC was tickets to the first session of the US Open night games, and yesterday was the day!



My first time at a professional tennis game, it was thrilling! Made those tennis years in high school and college feel like forever ago. There was lots going on, and Ronnie and I had a great time in the Heineken lounge watching the opening ceremony on the TV's and having a beer, it was such a swanky lounge. Then we went into Arthur Ashe stadium to watch Venus Williams defeat Roberta Vinci. It was so cool to be in such a huge stadium... and it was so quiet. You could hear the ball being smacked around and it was so serene.





After that was Roger Federer playing Dabul. The crowd just loved Federer, and it was great to watch him play. I had wanted to make some rounds on some of the smaller courts, but I just couldn't tear myself away from the matches I was watching. Everything went by so fast, I felt like it was over before it started, but it was a great experience to see.



Inside the stadium



Outside the stadium

The best thing about New York City is that you can count on everything to come through here, except for maybe like, Mardi Gras. When you're in NYC it feels like you're at the center of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment