Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chris & Kris Do NYC

After heading up to Boston for 4th of July to spend it on Cape Cod with Chrishon, it was her turn to come down and visit me here in NYC!

We had a GREAT weekend! Chrishon was also my first (overnight) guest in my studio, so it was my first time playing hostess. I met her at Grand Central on Friday night, we brought her stuff to my place, and then walked down Broadway and got drinks at a live jazz club.

That night I put the cat toys away since the cats get really rowdy at night and can be loud with their running, chasing, ball playing, etc. Turns out that worked out against us because in the morning Chris told me that they spent the night jumping onto her air mattress from the windowsill, then back up to the windowsill, and jump to the air mattress.

The next day was fabulous! Got up lazily, and made our way down to Washington Square Park. The day was perfect. That's the Empire State Building peeking out the back



There was also this live creole (?) band playing. Sounded like something you would hear on Splash Mountain. Still, they were so good!! And it was cute that it was two old men and two younger guys. People bond over music



We then ran across and street fair and had the best time buying a bunch of junk. I meann, it wasn't junk, but we loaded up on jewelry, shirts and especially hats!! We got coffee cake and coffee from a cafe, and then did the Staten Island Ferry!! The ferry is part of public transportation so it's free. It's a great view too of both Manhattan...



and Lady Lib...



And this must have been what we looked like on the way over



And here's me and Chris on the inside :)



And me trying to get back the tan I got in Cape Cod...



Afterwards, we went to Ground Zero to see the site, which to be honest isn't much since it's undergoing construction and there's fences set up around it, but we went to the Memorial Preview Site that has some mementoes, information, and shows what they plan to put in the wake of the disaster. This is a Statue of Liberty covered in love and support



Afterwards we went up to Gray's Papaya for hot dogs which though delicious, are a little small! Then back to my place for showers and getting ready for...



Cafe Wha? ! A live house band club that encourages participation and dancing located in Greenwich Village. It was so fun! (At work I asked my coworkers if they had heard of it and they were like uhhhh duh! Joni Mitchell usesd to hang there etc etc) oops.

This was me at our fancy schmancy dinner meal beforehand



Sunday morning we only really had time to grab coffee and breakfast near Grand Central Station before Chrishon had to leave. We were right near the beloved Chrysler building



And in this one if you look really hard, you can see me with my Starbucks and newfound I <3 NY shirt :)



My turn to go to Boston now!

1 comment: