Friday, August 27, 2010

The Perspective of Sickness

This has been the motherload of all sicknesses that I caught, it's a very strong and stubborn one that I can't get rid of. Even with Monday and Tuesday off, by Thursday morning, I was weakly trying to get ready for work when the nausea and dizziness and overall fatigue just hit me I couldn't make it in. I spent the day sleeping, tossing and turning, cuddling my kitties, and watching Seinfeld. I could've used some more raw garlic, and ginger, but was too sickly to go get it.

And in that state, I had a bit of a different view of New York. Even just one day bedridden indoors, I felt so locked up! I thought a lot about all the amazing things New York City had just outdoors and even as close as the park just 1 block away, and how I couldn't go. I felt very lonely and isolated without the internet as well. And i got so sick of watching movies on my laptop on my lap since it got so hot, or on the side of the bed, i really should invest in a TV with a DVD player. I looked at some at Target when Shan and Kat were here, but the ones I could afford weren't much bigger than my laptop so I didn't see the point! New investment will be a TV, and maybe some furniture to put it on.

At any rate, as soon as I'm better I'm ready to go back out exploring new neighborhoods, and maybe go to some museums, and get back with the NYC I missed out on being sick. TGIF today, I have the weekend to recover now. And if Shannon and Kathleen will send some pictures, I can put some up!

No comments:

Post a Comment